2013-07-02

Why do you Care? (or, What's the Point?)

Very often people ask me one of the other of the questions above, or some variation thereof.  They want to know why I bother, why I care, why I engage with "idiots on the internet", etc.  Ironically, it also often comes along with "you're a dick".  I find this ironic because I'm being both accused of caring about other people too much and being a dick.  I'm not sure I get that leap.  

Why I care is that I genuinely want people to avoid the same mistakes I made in the shooting sports.  And I have made a lot.  Most of them have resulted in a ton of money flushed down the toilet to no benefit, and a set of shooting skills that are below where they should be for someone that shoots as much as I do, and for as long as I have.

But what I really want people to do is ENGAGE THEIR FUCKING BRAINS, and be honest with themselves about what it is they want and need from a firearm.  Since all we have to go on are the way that someone presents themselves and the words they use to describe their situation, 

No comments:

Post a Comment